Back Pain Treatment With Herbal Remedies – The Best Way
In today’s world of stress most people will suffer from back pain or back ache once in a while. They may be able to attribute it to one event or simply notice it as it gets worse or disrupts their activities.
It is not surprising that our backs are effected as it is our backs that hold and support our bodies.
There are many types of back pain, and the pain can radiate into other areas of your body. Some pain will run down one or both legs or around the sides of your back.
In general with some rest most back pain will simply go away in two weeks. However other back pain can become chronic and a real problem for some people.
Like anything in the natural world, back ache is a sign that our bodies are out of balance. The key is to get into balance and to get that back you need to start using herbal remedies and home treatments.
Causes of Back ache/pain
- Muscle tension
- Intense exercise
- Heavy lifting
- Twisting wrong
- Poor posture
- Wearing heels
- Sitting a lot
- Kidney problems
- Prostate problems
- Herniated disc (ruptured disc)
- Menstrual cramps
- Belly Wounds
- Lumbar Strain – Lower back strain and pain. You either moved wrong, lifted wrong or over stressed the back muscles
- Ruptured disc – One or more of your intervertebral disc moves out of position and herniates, unable to reposition back
- Spinal stenosis – Mostly in the elderly. Your spine becomes constricted
- Arthritis – A chronic condition that can cause pain
- Spondylolisthesis – This is a condition in which a bone (vertebra) in the lower part of the spine slips out of position onto the bone below it.
- Osteoporosis – As we get older our bones soften and we can get ruptured discs in our back.
Things you can do for back pain/ache
- Gentle stretching
- Exercise – swim, walk, bike
- Muscle creams
- Vitamin D
Essential oils to use in massage
- Frankincense oil – anti-inflammatory
- Mint oil – Cooling effect
- Chamomile oil – soothing anti-inflammatory
- Ginger oil – Good for spot treatment. Leave on for three hours and use for 2 weeks
- Rosemary oil – anti-spasmodic
- Lavender – Relaxes
Herbs to use
- Holy Basil
- Lemon – Drink 2 glasses of warm tea daily
- Arnica – Good for bruising and muscle aches
- Genetian – Make a strong tea and apply to soreness
Filed under: Healing Herbs
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!